GMS .76

As of Sept. 2005 MECOA will no longer provide technical help, repair or warranty on GMS engines. Please refer all your GMS matters to Tower Hobbies.

GMS .76

Postby Beams » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:10 pm

I have a GMS .76. It runs great and has alot of power. This motor does not have a remote needle valve. I have run approximatly 1.5 gals of 15% cool power fuel through it. At the end of a flight I can pull the fuel line from the carb and it will keep running for a full minute or more. I have been leaning out the low end, this has helped, but it is not fixing the issue. What else can I do to fix this problem.
Beams

Postby MECOA » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:42 pm

Most of the smaller GMS's have this problem. This is due to too much clearance in the crankcase. What can I say but Thank you China. No real fix for it. Sometimes a sealed front bearing will help but not often.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby Beams » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:47 pm

I took the engine apart completly. I found that I could see light between the seal and the inner race on the front bearing. I replaced the bearing with one that I bought at a local bearing supplier. The engine now runs great and shuts down also.
Beams

Return to GMS Engines Tech Support