GMS .25 parts

As of Sept. 2005 MECOA will no longer provide technical help, repair or warranty on GMS engines. Please refer all your GMS matters to Tower Hobbies.

GMS .25 parts

Postby aabeuge » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:12 am

I tore the botton o-ring on the carberator of my NEW GMS .25 engine while trying to insert it into the engine and I can't find specs on it to replace it. Does anyone have any information they can give me regarding this o-ring? Also does anyone have a more detailed parts diagram than what comes with the packaging?

Thanks in advance! :)
aabeuge

edit

Postby aabeuge » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:21 am

I looked at a K&B diagram and the o-ring I am talking about would be the "carb neck" o-ring.
aabeuge

more info

Postby aabeuge » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Well I just looked up the picture of a replacement carb from tower hobbies, whom I bought the engine from and it doesn't show the same carb as what I have. Mine has the main o-ring at the top and then farther down the neck the metal is recessed allowing a smaller thickness o-ring. Maybe this was a design change to help prevent air from getting in (ie. the engine cut-off problems I see posted). At any rate I guess it's not completely necessary. I haven't had a chance to mount the engine and test it to find out if this is really needed or not.
aabeuge

Postby MECOA » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:06 pm

use mecoa part number 27-2181
this will work

enter the number here
https://shop.mecoa.com/shopsearch.asp
MECOA
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby aabeuge » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I have used red automotive rtv silicone on it and it looks like it has a pretty good seal. If this doesn't do the trick I'll be sure to try that o-ring replacement. ;)
aabeuge

Return to GMS Engines Tech Support