carb body construction?

Ask questions about the RJL K.61, Kraft .61 and RJL/Cox/K&B Conguest .15 here

Moderator: SteveM

carb body construction?

Postby flybyjohn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 pm

I had to repair the lower part of my rjl k61 carb body by welding the aluminum and then turning it down to the correct size again. It looked like the carb body was all one machined piece however when welding, the needle seat fell out. Is it just a press fit or is there some type of glue/ epoxy you use to hold it in. If you can let me know then I can put it back together right.

Thank You,
John
flybyjohn

Postby flybyjohn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:50 am

Well, I thought I would have had the tech dept. answer by now. I was running out of time so I just cleaned up the parts real good using xylene to wash the parts then put on some jb weld and put it in place and wiped all the excess off with q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol. I made sure the fuel port was lined up and used compressed air to blow through the passage to make sure it was clear. I hope the jb weld will be fuel proof and have a good seal between the two parts so that the fuel doesn't leak through them.
flybyjohn

Postby MECOA » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:53 pm

The body is one piece with the spray bar pressed in. You can buy a new one here
http://shop.mecoa.com/shopsearch.asp
search by 81-0101
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby flybyjohn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:21 am

It had more clearance than a press fit after I welded the base where it goes into the engine and I had a lot of black goey stuff oozing out so I thougth it might have been glued in, however the jb weld seems to be holding well and I think I can drill and tap a small set screw through the bottom of the carb to hold the spray bar in if the jb weld ever decided to loosen up.
flybyjohn

Return to RJL Engines Tech Support