A Photo (maybe)

An open forum to ask members questions about old time spark ignition engines.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

A Photo (maybe)

Postby Matt » Mon May 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Matt

Postby Matt » Mon May 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Matt

Orwick .64

Postby Matt » Tue May 02, 2006 4:31 am

Hi all,

First, I must apologize for not explaning what I did with this post, and if the administrator needs to delete it thats OK. I have been trying to add pictures to my posts for some time now, and FINALLY got it to work. The photo is one of relevent subject matter for the forum, a nice picture, and I figured all could enjoy. The whole thing is a test, really, and one that has apparently succeeded, I am happy with those results! Regrettably, the engine is not for sale, but due to the number of questions I am getting about it, here is some info:

It is an early original Orwick .64, the serial # is 64 053. I am not really sure about the other venturi, it was with the box of other items that came with the engine when I bought it in the early 1980's. The engine is a superb runner, starts easily, and has great power. I do not dare fly it, as I would hate myself if it got buggered up or lost. I have really gotten a fair deal of enjoyment out of it the last 25 or so years.

Maybe others could follow and share a picture and a few words about an old favorite?
Matt

Postby charles bartunek » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:07 am

Hi Matt:
One of the most attractive engines of the early post war engines are the Orwick .64s.
It's a great engine then as it is now. I always think of the good old days when I was flying my Orwick powered u/c ship and all the fun we had.
Now I have 4 Orwick 61, two ignition .29, one 24, one 29 glo, one Bluestreak 64 and Muir 64 ... and I love every one!
Great memories,
Chuck Bartinek
Meca 437-01
Blackbart12@sbcglobal.net
charles bartunek

Return to Spark Ignition Engines