Inverted Wahl Tiger?

An open forum to ask members questions about old time spark ignition engines.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Inverted Wahl Tiger?

Postby Matt » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:47 am

Just came across a really nice Bunch Tiger made by Herb Wahl. I have no paperwork for it, and the cylinder logo is upside down, the stack is brazed in a similar fashion, and of course the tank is also. The serial # starts with "I" so obviously this was one of his inverted models. My question is this: How many of these are around? I was unaware that he made inverted models of his beautifully crafted engines. Anybody know???
Matt

Re: Inverted Wahl Tiger?

Postby dennis » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Matt wrote:Just came across a really nice Bunch Tiger made by Herb Wahl. I have no paperwork for it, and the cylinder logo is upside down, the stack is brazed in a similar fashion, and of course the tank is also. The serial # starts with "I" so obviously this was one of his inverted models. My question is this: How many of these are around? I was unaware that he made inverted models of his beautifully crafted engines. Anybody know???

I used to go up to Herbs on an annual basis and to my knowledge I never saw an inverted model there. I did get 2 low serial number Bunch motors through early subscription though.
dennis

Return to Spark Ignition Engines