O&R Engine w/pix

An open forum to ask members questions about old time spark ignition engines.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

O&R Engine w/pix

Postby Whupy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:45 am

I got this old O&R engine. I assume that it's a 0.60? I also see that it's not complete (missing carb bowl). It seems to have good compression. The pix I included show the serial#, but with the numbers involved it could read either way. I'm curious as to the year of manufacture. Is this something a collector would be interested or have any value?

Image[/img]

Whupy

Postby walt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Looks like a 1948 model O&R 60 Special. They went to the pressed on aluminum head in 1949. Probably not for a collector, but, cleaned up could be a runner. Lots of them on the market. Value depends on lots of things. Maybe up to $100, but probably less.
walt

O&R 60 SP

Postby jerry1927 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:31 am

I agree with Walt. The ribs on the crankcase and short webs on the c'shaft housing give it away. However, the fuel tank top is inverted and, of course, is missing the plastic tank.

They were all good and reliable runners, though not particularly powerful or fast. DON'T USE GLOW FUEL WITH THE PLASTIC TANK; it will melt. Gasoline/oil blends are the only safe fuels. I imagine only O&R nuts like me would really want one of these, and then only if they lacked one. I have a very good example though I've never run it.

Jerry
jerry1927

Postby Whupy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:33 am

Thanks for the reply...maybe I'll ebay it?
Whupy

Postby Frank Klenk » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Whupy

Why not just put a price on it and sell it here? We do buy and sell here.

Frank :)
Frank Klenk

Return to Spark Ignition Engines