UCTKAM

An open forum for questions on any control line glow engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

UCTKAM

Postby Equuleus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:03 pm

I have a 2.5 KP UCTKAM engine. Is there a source for the glow plugs (buttons?). Or, for that matter, other parts?
Thanks.
Equuleus

UTKAM Glow heads

Postby ron bennett » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

If your's is a stock engine, it uses Rossi glow heads, the number 2 heat range is normal. There is no one making these anymore but the do pop up now and then on eBay, and guys like me have a few of them them squirrled away. Most people using these engines make or buy a head insert that take standard or better yet Nelson/Glo Bee plugs.

If you do not have the capabilities of machining one yourself, contact Doug Garabreth at F1Cdoug@aol.com, and he can make one up for you as well as supply the Nelson plug.

You engine is a great unit being a copy of the Rossi MkII ABC. Properly broken in and fitted, it is good for 28K on 80/20. Some came with a tuned pipe and have higher timing than the open header versions. You can use a mini pipoe on the high-timed version with great success as well - all depends on you application.

These are high quality engines with good fit. Since they are so affordable compared to other high performance 2.5 racing engines, I like to suggest that people get a few and use them to teach themselves how to modify an engine for very high performance (these engines are capable of turning a F2A prop in the 36K range).

Good luck,
Ron Bennett
ron bennett

UCTKAM

Postby Equuleus » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:02 pm

I finally got a chance to read your replay.
Thanks so much for the information!
Equuleus

Return to Control Line Glow Engines