What's my K&B & OS Max motor idenfication?

An open forum for questions about any radio control engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

What's my K&B & OS Max motor idenfication?

Postby deweyhtucker » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:21 pm

I have 2 K&B 61 R/C Engines that I bought about 25 years ago. I'm getting back into R/C Flying. These were good engines, and I plan on using them now.
:?:
I would like to know what they are if anyone can help. Both engines have numbers stamped on the edge of the mounting lugs. One is A0014126, and the other is D0010833 (this one has a rear pump).
:?
Another Challenge.
:?:
I also have an OS Max 61 but the only thing I can find on the case are the letters VR stamped on the bottom of one mounting lug.
:roll:
Thanks for any help.
deweyhtucker

Postby deweyhtucker » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:34 pm

Thanks for the responses.
What I was looking for in identification would be any numbers or letters with the engine type, like OS Max .61FX or OS Max .61 ABC. The samething for the K&B .61 emgines.

It's whatever I might need for parts orders, and engine type clarification.
deweyhtucker

Postby SteveM » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:35 am

If your old K&B .61 motors are the original ringed version they are probably Part No. 6550. You can obtain the parts listing from the MECOA web pages. There are no letter designations for the K&B.

deweyhtucker wrote:Thanks for the responses.
What I was looking for in identification would be any numbers or letters with the engine type, like OS Max .61FX or OS Max .61 ABC. The samething for the K&B .61 emgines.

It's whatever I might need for parts orders, and engine type clarification.
SteveM

Return to Radio Control Glow Engines for Airplanes