Fox Eagle Comparison

An open forum for questions about any radio control engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Fox Eagle Comparison

Postby WORNBOOTS » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Click on pic for a larger view.

What is the differance between these two Eagles??
Both seem to be the same size, 60's I think but the different head fins and cylinder fins has me wondering..........

Sorry they are not too clear but I'm still trying to figure out how take a decent picture.............Thank's
Dan Z
WORNBOOTS

Location: Princeton, Texas between sarasota bay and the Mojave Desert

FOXIE engines

Postby max hansen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Dan, It looks to me like the engine with the prop is a early one (1972-3?) & the other is a 1974 & later . Looks like them on page 35 of the Anderson book #4 .
I had one of the first ones & had trouble with it ,found out that there was too small a ring gap & would quit when you worked it hard ,also had trouble with the crank area between the two bearings was too tight . Once I got those clearances increased it was a very reliable engine . Flew it in a Aero-master bipe in the first National Multi Wing Contest . Learned a lesson there , don't fly in the sun with a hang-over (lowers your score!). CYL, MAX H. :lol:
max hansen

Postby WORNBOOTS » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:48 pm

:lol: :lol: Thanks max, Sorry bout the score though.........

Lots of difference in the fins is what got me wondering, thought they may have re-tooled the production line.

I have decided to go all Fox K&B and Enya for my overall intrests, which was widely used for the 70's desings I build.

Thank's
WORNBOOTS

Location: Princeton, Texas between sarasota bay and the Mojave Desert

Return to Radio Control Glow Engines for Airplanes