K&B .61 series 75 Part#6535?

An open forum for questions about any radio control engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

K&B .61 series 75 Part#6535?

Postby Reaper26 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:59 pm

I was on the site that sent me this forum and I couldnt find this engine in any of the categories they have. I got this engine from an old friend and it never ran. It was froze up from sitting for 35 years and upon cleaning it i broke the piston ring trying to unfreeze it from the piston. Also this engine has a pump on the back of the crank case. Can anyone help me identify this engine. or is it a discontinued item and i may as well throw it in the trash.
Reaper26

K&B .61 ID.

Postby Shorty Wright » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 am

I just came across this and see that no one has posted a reply... your engine is/was and excellent sport engine. I have several 6535s and 6525s. and used to fly the crap out of them in the mid/late '70s
The pump engine had a larger Perry carb and, with the exception of the pump/carb, is identical to the 6525 which has a smaller Perry carb and no pump. The ring part number is 4005, by the way.

If you can fix the engine and intended to use it, you'll find it's more reliable if you swap the pump and carb for standard 6525 parts. Since the pump carb is a larger diameter base, you'll also need a sleeve. If I remember right, this was also available from K&B, so some should be out there somewhere. I also seem to remember making sleeves from sheet brass....
Part numbers:

Back plate7772
carb8040
piston ring4005
Shorty Wright

Postby Reaper26 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. I put those old engines of to the side for the coming season. I never thought i would get an answer so I moved on to my newer models. I'll probably get back to them this coming winter when I put all my other toys away. Thanks again.
Reaper26

Postby Shorty Wright » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 am

Your welcome. If I get a little time I'll look more closely at at a couple of engines to make sure my memory is right on the carb shim....
I may even have a ring...That's a long shot, but I know I have a few parts still in bags for these engines....They're buried pretty deep, but I'll see If I can dig something up...
Shorty Wright

Return to Radio Control Glow Engines for Airplanes