Russian KMA .15 engine?

An open forum on any model diesel engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Russian KMA .15 engine?

Postby packard » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:15 am

Anybody know this KMA .15 engine? I am just interested. It has a rear inlet and NVA.
packard

KMD

Postby motoguzziman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Good quality production TR egine made in Russia, and not to be associated with some of the mass produced Rubbish that used to make thier way out of the Soviet Union.
motoguzziman

Postby loucrane » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm

Packard,

I think these are usually called KMD engines. The third letter looks someting like the European alphabet capital A, but is Cyrillic capital D.

There's been discussion of them on one or two other sites, recently. Seems they were manufactured in two series, at different times. The later run of them was also at a different factory

Generally, the earlier series were considered somewhat more powerful and perhaps better made. Either series fits the description in motoguzziman's post - a nice engine.
loucrane

KMD 2.5 D

Postby microaero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:10 am

Hi Packard,

I have one surplus KMD 2.5 D, of the first series (black anodyzed head) in very good condition, and would like to sell. Can send photos.

Cheers,

Vladimir, Belgrade, Serbia
microaero

Re: Russian KMA .15 engine?

Postby davideo4301 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:57 pm

packard wrote:Anybody know this KMA .15 engine? I am just interested. It has a rear inlet and NVA.

Hi Packard! If you are still interested in information on this truly amazing Diesel I suggest you go to this link>http://antiquemodelenginesrunning.blogspot.com/2011/11/russian-kmd-25-cc-diesel-engine.html
You will be able to see how well this engine can perform when a little tuning is applied.
davideo4301

Return to Model Diesel Engines