Deezil Fuel Tank

An open forum on any model diesel engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Deezil Fuel Tank

Postby davideo4301 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:00 pm

I saw a picture on EBay a while ago, of the infamous old Deezil 0.12 Diesel engine sporting a fuel tank mounted on the air intake tube. Can anyone tell me where I could find an after market tank that would fit?
davideo4301

Re: Deezil Fuel Tank

Postby Aaron_Novak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:02 pm

[quote="Monkey"]I saw a picture on EBay a while ago, of the infamous old Deezil 0.12 Diesel engine sporting a fuel tank mounted on the air intake tube. Can anyone tell me where I could find an after market tank that would fit?[/quote]

Well as you know the Deezil never had a tank from the factory. check out www.modelenginenews.org and look at my deezil in the gallery page #7. That is the tank the MEB came up with and it works great and fits in with the style I think. If you would like one like that let me know.
Aaron_Novak

Postby gossie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:39 am

I have had one of Gordon Burford's replica DEEZIL for many years, and it has a tank as per the Motor Boys engine.
I think Gordon told me he used small plastic bottles as a chemist will supply liquid medicine in.
Mine does run very well to, and it's a one flick starter.
It's in a 48in Goldberg Interceptor.

I did make a similar one up for an Indian Mills 1.3 that was without a tank, and it works fine. (One of the few good Indian Mills 1.3s)
gossie

Postby rocketrob » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey Gossie,
What prop and rpm are you running on your GB Deezil?

Mine is still very tight - more cycles.
rocketrob

Postby gossie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 am

Not sure about the revs, but I have 10x4 Taipan prop. on it.
It runs on any brew of fuel too----the usual 'sport' mix is equal parts of kero, caster and ether, but I've used old stale fuel in it at times of various ratios----seems to make not much difference to it.
gossie

Return to Model Diesel Engines