Need engine ident. help

An open forum on any model diesel engines

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Need engine ident. help

Postby Milt » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 pm

I'm trying to identify a 5cc diesel engine.
It's new, Shiney, 4 inches tall equipped with glass bowl tank,and has 5cc on one side of the case and the letters GB on the other side. any information would be appreciated.
Milt DeGroodt
Milt

Postby raglafart » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:06 am

Sounds very much like one of Gordon Burfords GB diesels. This was the first name he produced under before changing to Sabre ( North American Aviation put a stop to him using the name can you believe!!!) Then Glo Chief and finally Taipan if you don't include his ventures with Ivor F and the Doonside engines.
Gordon has made replicas of some of his earlier engines and David Owen would be the man to contact to find out exactly what you have there.
Does it have a serial number?
Cheers John
raglafart

Postby Milt » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:57 pm

raglafart wrote:Sounds very much like one of Gordon Burfords GB diesels. This was the first name he produced under before changing to Sabre ( North American Aviation put a stop to him using the name can you believe!!!) Then Glo Chief and finally Taipan if you don't include his ventures with Ivor F and the Doonside engines.
Gordon has made replicas of some of his earlier engines and David Owen would be the man to contact to find out exactly what you have there.
Does it have a serial number?
Cheers John

Thanks John,
It has 102 stamped in the rear cover so is probably the serial number.
I thought it might be one of Gorden's engines. I'll contact David Owen.
Milt
Milt

Return to Model Diesel Engines