re kavan carb

Ask Questions about Glow Plugs, Paint, Mounts, etc. here.

Moderator: SteveM

re kavan carb

Postby dicky » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 pm

I have just recieved a new Kavan 107 pressure carburettor which I intend using on my webra 61 rr marine. what a quality product for $39.00 !

The cam that operates the pressure relief valve arrived set so that it does not operate until the throttle barrel is totally closed, is this the correct setting ?

My current pressure nippel is mid way down the tuned pipe & so produces little or no pressure at idle, with a header (surge) tank fitted to the fuel system, this tank would not fill without moderate throttle being used, will I have sufficent tank pressure for this carb, or will I have to re sight the nipple on the header ?

How nessesary is the coupling of this valve to the top of my tank ?

if I do need to hook it up, can I do it via a tee into the exhaust pressure line ?

any advice you can give will be much appreciated
dicky

Postby MECOA » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:48 am

The air bleed is only to keep the pressure from the tank out of the loop at idle. What normally happens is at higher rpm's the pressure will build in the tank, when you shut the throttle the mixture will change as the high pressure in the tank lowers. A rapid cut of the throttle will have the idle setting receive the higher pressure momentarily. So the bleed off valve relieves the pressure and the fuel draw works on suction only.
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B/MECOA Accessory Questions