What's your 1/2A Texaco setup?

Post all the small engines stuff here. Cox, Wen-Mac, Testors, Spitzy, Wasp, Holland Hornet, Atwood, Aurora, Gilbert, etc.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

What's your 1/2A Texaco setup?

Postby Frank Klenk » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:59 pm

I have a 1/2A Dallaire that I will fly in some contests (my first try at SAM flying) and I was wondering what setups are other guys using. So, I did some bench tests today (still not nice enough to fly here yet) and was pretty pleased with run times. I got almost 4 minutes with 5cc, swinging a 8x5 woody. Fuel was 15%. So what are you guys using for props and fuel and how do your times compare?? Let's hear from you's.

Frank :)
Frank Klenk

Postby Frank Klenk » Fri May 06, 2005 6:02 pm

What? Someone here must fly Texaco??
Frank Klenk

Postby Twanger » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:08 am

Hi Frank, I have a 36" Mercury with a 2 channel Hitec AM radio. I have three Cox engines I can run. A Black Widow, a Golden Bee, and a single bypass Babe Bee using a Black Widow tank. "Black Bee" I use Cox 7X3.5 nylon prop. They run on Red Max 10% (castor added) with no problems. The Black Widow is the strongest, followed by the Golden Bee. The "Black Bee" is slower, but seems to run a little longer. It will take the plane nearly out of sight before running out of fuel.--Twanger :D
Twanger

Return to 1/2A and alike