Sig Fairchild 24 plans

Post all the small engines stuff here. Cox, Wen-Mac, Testors, Spitzy, Wasp, Holland Hornet, Atwood, Aurora, Gilbert, etc.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Sig Fairchild 24 plans

Postby Equuleus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Anyone have any idea how I might secure plans for the Sig Fairchild 24 airplane kit No. FF-9? I'd like to build this kit as a CL for a 1/2A or A engine.

I emailed Sig. They told me that they have the plan in their archives, but have no way of copying the plans. Montezuma, IA must be a very small town.

Thanks.
Equuleus

Re: Sig Fairchild 24 plans

Postby beaslbob » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Equuleus wrote:Anyone have any idea how I might secure plans for the Sig Fairchild 24 airplane kit No. FF-9? I'd like to build this kit as a CL for a 1/2A or A engine.

I emailed Sig. They told me that they have the plan in their archives, but have no way of copying the plans. Montezuma, IA must be a very small town.

Thanks.

Sig bought out Berkley and their remain stock sometime in the late '60's early '70's

found this on ebay as a berkley and you might check it out to see if that is the same. If so then you can search for the berkley as well as the sig.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BERKELEY-FAIRCHILD- ... 3caf15d3e4

my .02
beaslbob

Postby beaslbob » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm

this page lists a berkley and comet kit plan for the fairchild 24. berkley lists wing span of 36".

http://www.freeflightmodels.com/pages/a ... _scale.htm

my .02
beaslbob

Postby chiefss » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Montezuma is tiny. Two industries. SIG and Brownells rifle scope company.

Been there and spent the night at Maxey and Hazel's house. Biggest house in the whole city.
chiefss

Postby beaslbob » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 am

chiefss wrote:Montezuma is tiny. Two industries. SIG and Brownells rifle scope company.

Been there and spent the night at Maxey and Hazel's house. Biggest house in the whole city.

In the '50s and '60's I grew up in des moines which is about an hour down the road.

Heard many stories about sig.

Maxey passed a few years back.

They retired and sold Sig.

Saw Maxey, Glen, and Hazel at a local RC flying field in the early '70's. Just a nice picnic type thing where they were kinda racing 15 powered things.

my .02
beaslbob

Fairchild 24

Postby Equuleus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi,
Finally found someone who was willing to send a set of plans.
Thanks to all who responded!
Equuleus

Return to 1/2A and alike