Pulse Jet Engines

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Pulse Jet Engines

Postby jerry1927 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:34 am

I have worked with pulse-jet engines from 1 lb. thrust up to and including 200 lbs. thrust. I have acquired much information on them and, in fact, am writing a "book" with pictures, on the Dyna-Jet and the companies and people who were involved. (I was employed by Bill Tenney and Russell Curtis a total of 5 years, ending in 1954.)
Are there any hobbyist who use this forum who are interested in converstions about pulse-jets? If so, I am always ready to put in my 2 cents worth.
Jerry Wiles
jerry1927

DynaJet Yakking

Postby clwhipper » Mon May 03, 2004 12:58 pm

You'll find plenty of people that talk Pulse Jets on the Delphi Speed forum.
You gotta sign up, but it is free for bacic membership. Here's the link;
http://forums.delphiforums.com/flyfast/start
clwhipper

yes im in send me a book

Postby waco » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:10 am

But im more interested in the name tenney,There was a bill ake. bud tenney in richardson TX.(dallas). That was big into model planes in sixties, And a mentor of me an my brothers. The man had to work with, or for collinsradio,or texasinstruments at the time i think, because thats all there was at the time. He was very expermental at the time,as we are how. Hoping its the same man. Please @ me back!
waco

Postby waco » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:18 am

oops
waco

Postby hiperflyte » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:19 pm

I have some nostalgic P/J info you may be interested in, go to stuka stunt c/l forums and check 2nd page in the ads----let me know
hiperflyte

PJ noise

Postby TEEOPEE » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:20 pm

WOA! old memerys came close havin one get me kilt
built one 3.5" reed plate w/eight 5/8" reed ports no venturi fuel reed center pressurized spray methanol chamber 3.5 L 3.5"L taper to 2"
resonater 24" flared jet outlet i dont live far enough out in the country to fire up i ran it twice at the same time 1st and last
wife throwed a coffee cup at me i ducked or maybe be kilt
at least ten neighbors called to find out what kind o machine gun i was
shooting P/J's :twisted: dang they are cool to run white hot!
need muffler :?
TEEOPEE

Tenney

Postby jerry1927 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:03 am

Waco,
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I've been busy and plain forgot. I don't look at this website often.
The Tenney with Aeromarine Co. (Dyna-Jet) was William L. Tenney. He ran and owned the company until selling out to Russell Curtis in November, 1952. I started working there in 1949 but went with Curtis for 1 1/2 years. After my job was changed and my wages reduced, I returned to the Dayton (OH) area in May, 1954.
The concept of small p-js was actually the work of Bill's hired technician/machinist/inventor, Charles Marks. Charlie had come from Las Vegas to help Bill develop improved 2-stroke engines but got sidetracked by hearing a V-1 p-j being operated across the highway. That was in 1945 or 46 and took place at Wright Field (now, Area B of Wright-Patterson AFB. The National Museum of the U. S. Air Force is now located very near to where the V-1 was run.)
Jerry Wiles
Bill had a fatal heart attack while on a fishing trip to Siberia in 1993. A few years later, I traveled to his wife's (Patty,) home near Minneapolis and brought back most of the stuff Bill had kept from Aeromarine, including pictures and Dyna-Fog hardware. I plan to give most of it to Bruce Tharpe and Eric Beck, for their enjoyment and investigation.
jerry1927

Return to General Engine Tech Talk