Veco

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Veco

Postby Richard » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:41 am

I have a Veco 61 R/C, Perry carb, conventional piston ring, stock muffler, never been run in good condition original Veco box. There are no numbers stamped on the engine. The only thing on the engine is "VECO 61" on the bypass side. Can anyone tell me about when this engine might have been produced. Also, are the parts for this engine the same as a K&B 61 R/C. I don't have the instructions or parts list.

Thanks,
Richard
Richard

Re: Veco

Postby lee » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:38 pm

Richard wrote:I have a Veco 61 R/C, Perry carb, conventional piston ring, stock muffler, never been run in good condition original Veco box. There are no numbers stamped on the engine. The only thing on the engine is "VECO 61" on the bypass side. Can anyone tell me about when this engine might have been produced. Also, are the parts for this engine the same as a K&B 61 R/C. I don't have the instructions or parts list.

Thanks,
Richard

Your veco was probably made in the late 60's to mid 70's. The later models had a dykes ring, I think. I don't think they have had the perry carb for quite a while. I don't think they are the same as the current K&B. They are much better than the K&B with the rear needle. A friend had one of the later models about 4 years ago. We put a Supertigre carb on to make it run right. Then the crank broke.
(I am not speaking of the copper - head K&B)
lee

Postby MECOA » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:45 pm

Early models had the dykes ring not the late ones.
After about 1972 all the parts are the same as the ringed version of the K&B .61 up to now and all parts are available.

And as for Lee's friend he probably didn't read the instructions on how to set up the carb. Before MECOA bought K&B they had done away with the idle stop screw so some people set up the carb with the barrel closing the wrong way or 180 out causing the carb not to function properly.

Look at this file to see the changes over the years.
http://www.mecoa.com/kb/61/6550-exp.pdf
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to General Engine Tech Talk