Dooling 29 NIB that has no serial number

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Dooling 29 NIB that has no serial number

Postby bobwire00 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:56 am

I have a Dooling 29 with allen screws NIB that has no serial number.

The Dooling 29 has the warranty card, care and service sheet, and the parts and price list sheet that shows phillups screws. :roll:

Any information would be great, Thanks
bobwire00

No #

Postby max hansen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:33 am

You probably have a engine that has had the case replaced . used to be a old hobby shop by a air base I was stationed at that had a Dooling factory repair station parts box & they had cases w/ no #'s. They also had McCOY & O&R parts cases . All got thrown out in later years , (insert tears here). I have a couple of Bantam cases w/ out a # on also. Also looks like it was fixed or cleaned & the Allen head bolts replaced at that time . Hope this helps , MAX H. :lol:
max hansen

Air Base......Dooling NIB

Postby bobwire00 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:34 pm

MAX H

Thanks, Tell me more about this Air Force Base and you may have a dead ringer. Only one thing more to add to the puzzle is that I also have another Dooling NIB just like this one that has the stickers and all the sheets and stuff not to leave out but Allen screws and a serial number of 17701. You guessed it We have an air base here too.

This stuff is addictive.
bobwire00

Old Base

Postby max hansen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:28 pm

bobwire00, The base I was at was Donaldson, AFB , Greenville , S.C. & it was in the late 50's or early 60's . I remember buying the Dooling .29 RR valves for less than a buck each . I don't think that socket head bolts were very popular until the mid to late 70's . Think some previous owner of your engines got tired of looking for fillister head ones . MAX H. :lol:
max hansen

Dooling 29

Postby collie » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:41 pm

I Brought a Brand newDooling 29
around 1982,no serial no.Made from original spar parts I was led to believe.Brought it from a Gent called Robert Cowled. I think thats how you spell his name.Brought parts for a couple of other doolings also.
Collie
collie

Dooling .29

Postby max hansen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:10 am

Looks like a few Doolings out there ,now does anyone have a new or good used piston for a .29 ? I have a nice one I am working on that some one stuck something in the exhaust & did my piston in , any help ? Thanks Max H. :lol:
max hansen

Re: Dooling 29 NIB that has no serial number

Postby chet4sail » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:48 pm

bobwire00 wrote:I have a Dooling 29 with allen screws NIB that has no serial number.

The Dooling 29 has the warranty card, care and service sheet, and the parts and price list sheet that shows phillups screws. :roll:

Any information would be great, Thanks

I think I had the same engine. It originally came with Phillips screws in the head. What a pain! I replaced them with Allen screws as they are easier to add and remove. The Phillips were put in so tight at the factory, that they stripped when I originally tried to remove... had to use a special screw extractor to get 'em out!

Loved the engine, and wish I had it today. It was stolen from my Mother's house while I was in the Army.

Chet
chet4sail

Return to General Engine Tech Talk