K&B Unthrottled Carb Barrels

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

K&B Unthrottled Carb Barrels

Postby david brooks » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:00 pm

Hi does anyone know about this part, its a mixture barrel with a shaped sleeve that fits inside, not a throttle body. Its used for when your using a throttled exhaust setup.

The one I have fits inside a 3.5 SS

I need all the other parts for it...the needle assembly and such.

Has anyone else owned this carb, what are the other parts as I would like to look for some so I can get mine running.

How can I post a picture of what I have?
david brooks

Postby oldlugs » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Sounds like you have a 'venturi' for use with the exhaust throttle, as you suspected. Take a look at K&B's parts list for the 3.5 inboard marine engines. The parts for the venturi (needle and spraybar) should be listed there. Most of the old crank intake 3.5 inboards I've seen, came with the venturi.
oldlugs

Postby david brooks » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Thanks Oldlugs,

Yes, thats exactly what I have, thank you :D

I took a look through the parts list but nothing existed, I think they dropped the exhaust throttle and venturi. I probably wont be able to run this unless I find a used one I think.

I can probably call them about it or drop an email but afraid I'll be told the same thing. I think I'll just set it aside until a used one shows up and just stay with my gold carb.

It was something I wanted to test out for fun. I don't really know if it would be a gain or a minus.
david brooks

Return to General Engine Tech Talk