Any ideas

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Any ideas

Postby gstull » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 am

Does anyone have any ideas if K&B engines came on any specific boat out of the box.
gstull

Postby SteveM » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am

I don't believe that K&B motors were ever included as part of a boat/hull package. I do seem to recall that AMPS used to sell a 7.5cc outboard tunnel hulls with a lower unit that would accommodate either a K&B or OS power head, but not too sure if you could order the hull and motor as a combo package.
SteveM

Postby gstull » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:58 am

Well thank yuou for the response first off. I recieved this package last night and it is an original black carb motor.. I was hoping that it came on a package because I am trying to find a throttle cable they used with threads on both ends.I was hoping to find out the manufacturer of the boat so i could track down parts they used. I know the boat is over 10 yrs old... HIGH NOTE... I got the engine to run last night.
gstull

Postby SteveM » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:16 am

For all of my outboard setups, I used a Du-Bro wire pushrod assembly. I would solder a threaded coupler for use with a clevis at the servo and for the motor I'd use an EZ connector.

SteveM

Postby jus1moore » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm

I never seen an out board come in any kits either. the dubro connecter kit u refer to steve works great but i always worried about the plastic lock washer workin its way off the carb link . so i used a steel washer and soldered it in place very carfully, and it works great. no more worry.
jus1moore

Postby SteveM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:03 pm

jus1moore wrote:I never seen an out board come in any kits either. the dubro connecter kit u refer to steve works great but i always worried about the plastic lock washer workin its way off the carb link . so i used a steel washer and soldered it in place very carfully, and it works great. no more worry.

Soldering is preferred, but in a pinch the plastic seems OK and I usually added a tiny drop of CA to prevent it from sneaking off.
SteveM

Return to General Engine Tech Talk