Older .67 marine engine

Just the boat engine stuff here

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Older .67 marine engine

Postby avenger » Wed May 14, 2008 2:02 am

I am new to this forum and nitro motors. I am getting into nitro boats and purchased a .67 at ebay. I would like to know if my older motor is inter changable with the newer ones, and what the high and low needle settings should be. This motor has never been run :D :D :D
avenger

K&B .67

Postby Bashard » Mon May 26, 2008 5:28 pm

If you get reply please help, I to got K&B .67 in Prather Deep Vee, engine outfit was put together in 1988 engine has never had fuel in it.

Bernie Hanson bernie865@knology.net
Bashard

Re: Older .67 marine engine

Postby K+B.91 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 pm

avenger wrote:I am new to this forum and nitro motors. I am getting into nitro boats and purchased a .67 at ebay. I would like to know if my older motor is inter changable with the newer ones, and what the high and low needle settings should be. This motor has never been run :D :D :D

When you say"interchangible", I hope you mean parts!

The parts internally are identical, as is the crankcase, but the carbies are different post '94. Everything else should swap in or out.

I recommend 25% nitro fuel with 20% oil.
I can't tell you what the needle settings should be, but a ball park starting setting for the high speed needle is a full 41/2-5 turns out from closed, this should be a rich setting, the low speed/idle needs to be adjusted so that there is a slight hesitation when throttled up from idle and plenty of smoke, if a slight hit on the throttle makes the engine scream, the idle is too lean.
This can be adjusted on the starting stand, but don't rev the engine flat out, or damage to the piston/liner/rod can occur.

The high speed needle has to be set by running the engine/boat on the water, a nice shiny plug element after a run is what you're looking for, adjust until the plug element dulls, and then richen/back off 1/4-1/2 turns, and you should be set.
K+B.91

Return to Marine Engine Topics