.91 problems

Just the boat engine stuff here

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

.91 problems

Postby barry3rd » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 pm

so the new K&B was so hard to turn over i could not even get it to fire when its mounted in the hull , built a super high tech, bench running device to just to try and break it in, and also so i could turn it over and not rip the hull mounts out of it , and after about 20 tries it finally started for 10 to 15 seconds and snapped the rod, i have never used K&B engines before and just would like to know what to do, or not to do, even if it was in the hull and running and going like it should , it going to take at least 1 minute to get it in the water, how do i keep it going at a slow rpm ( AFTER I GET IT FIXED) long enough to get it in the water,
barry3rd

Postby SteveM » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:44 pm

One thing to try is to use a torque starter by McDaniel on the glow olug. This is a combination glow plug wrench and 1.5v glow igniter. The trick is to loosen the plug to reduce compression and then with the torque starter still on th plug start the motor. You'll have some sputtering but once started you tighten the glow plug. Over time, things should get better.
SteveM

Postby barry3rd » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:00 pm

i tried that and it would not start
barry3rd

sending it back for repairs

Postby barry3rd » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:03 pm

and hoping by the time i get it back ill have a list of tips on how to get it going , and stay going long enough to get it in the water
barry3rd

Return to Marine Engine Topics