K&B Sport 40

Just the boat engine stuff here

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

K&B Sport 40

Postby brocked » Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 pm

I have a K&B Sport 40 and i am attempting to put it into a dumas drag 'n fly 40. I am very new to this model boat and engine stuff and i understand how to get it going but the only thing i cannot figure out is how to get an exhause on this thing. It has an Irvine Carb and it seems like no matter what i do the carb is going to be in the way of me mouting a header and pipe onto this motor. Any insight or pictures or a link to website to buy a tuned pipe set up would be awesome
brocked

Re: K&B Sport 40

Postby SteveM » Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 am

MACS Products makes headers, couplers and tuned pipes that should suit your application. Check with your local hobby shop or online for a system that suits your K&B.
SteveM

Re: K&B Sport 40

Postby Green Jumper » Fri May 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi
Saw this post. The Drag n' Fly is a cool boat. However, I suggest that you step up the power for that hull. For more excitement, try putting a 7.5 or similar engine to make it go. With a tuned pipe the engine will run nicely and make the boat run as intended. I think that you will be disappointed with the performance of the .40 marine sport in this hull. In either case, Macs Products is the place to go for exhaust systems.

Years ago, my brother ran a Supertiger .35 airplane engine with Cool Clamp in his Drag n' Fly .19 size boat - ran pretty good. The point is that the Dumas wood hulls need more power than recommended to make them fun.

Have Fun!
Green Jumper

Return to Marine Engine Topics