k&b .40 pumper

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

k&b .40 pumper

Postby toad281 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:14 pm

I recently aquired a k&b 40 with a k&b fuel pump [it says k&b right on it] attached to the case. the carb on this engine has been replaced with a perry . While I did get this engine to fire up and run, the moment I open the throttle it quits. I have never had a pumper before, but I have read that they take a different carb than a non pumped engine. can anyone tell me how to find out what carb will work on this thing. mabey what the difference is in the carbs [pump verses non pump] it is a non ringed engine .I believe it is a 8011 but I am not positive on that issue.
toad281

Postby MECOA » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:21 am

The pumper version was supplied with a Perry carb as Perry made the pump. It is probably the correct carb. The pump is probably shot. The diaphrams did not last for more than 6 or 8 years and your engine is around 30 years old. Try running without the pump hooked up. Run a line to the carb directly from the fuel tank and loop another line from one nipple to the other on the pump to render it closed and ineffective.
MECOA
Site Admin

me again

Postby toad281 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:41 pm

so i`m assumeing that pump parts are not availible ? i have tried running it without the pump , but one of the reasons i bought it was to try a pumper , and see if i like the difference. i will go to the perry website , but i dont know the part #S so its not likely that i will have much sucess there.
toad281

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions