im new to boats and i need help

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

im new to boats and i need help

Postby nitrorc5 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:21 pm

i have a k&b 35 engine (is very old)
it only runs for some seconds out side of water so i dont get a chance to put it in water
it revs high and then shuts off
the lines are new and the tank shows no signs off holes
i think its just the nippel on the engin thats filled with oil and does not comprees the tank(it starts but than is starved of fuel)
but im new to nitro boats so i dont know if the engin is suposed to rev high out side off water(when it stops runing iratic)
on my .18 os engines that are on my cars and trucks when this happens its becuse the low speed nedal is to lean but on my engine it has nothing on the carb to ajust the air mixture what carb do i have and whats the model # to get a new one
also the engin is not to lean at all its very rich and i play arond with the high speed seting but i get the same thing revs than stops how do i ajust the air mix
and is their another carb that can be tuned essyer whats the model #

thank you for any help

also
the person that had the boat with the engine before me siad that when it started to run normaly that i should accelerate like half throtal and throw the boat into the water so that it does not stop when it is placed in the water im used to letting my r/c car engines warm up in idal befor i start to engage the cluth to move the car so that the sleve has time to expand
will eccelerating so fast after the boat engine start ruin my engine? or are theas engins stronger than my o.s .18
should i let the boat engine idel before i accelerat or just let it rip right after it starts?
nitrorc5

Postby MECOA » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:13 am

Your engine is a 3.5cc (.21 cu in)

The high speed needle is too lean on your engine. Open the needle 2 truns and try again.

Read this
http://www.mecoa.com/faq/carb/needle_marine.htm

No need to wait for the engine to heat up. It's hot inside in a matter of 10 seconds.

Yes this engine puts out more power than the .18
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions