Pumped .61

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

Pumped .61

Postby APIA » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi,
A while back I picked up a K&B Pumped .61 NIB sinfully cheap, my question is I have read all the K&B manuals on the .61, and the perry pump manuals as far as the break-in goes. Do you all prefer a certain break-in procedure considering the pump. I am not sure at this point to make sure that the carb is set up first or the pump. The engine manual states a certain number of turns out on the HS needle and the Perry manual states a totally different number of turns. Any help appreciated.... By the way, I requested ,,, a long time ago,,, some K&B decals. You all responded to email you,,,I have tried numerous times to contact you via email and to no avail... nothing. I'm hurtin' for some decals, I will pay for them, just tell me where to call.
Thanks
Tom
APIA

Postby MECOA » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:33 am

The number of turns out on a main needle is an arbitrary starting point.
read
http://www.mecoa.com/faq/carb/needle_aero.htm

then read
http://www.mecoa.com/faq/breakin/breakin_ringed.htm

call 800-fly my rc
for decals
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby APIA » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:27 am

I have the .61 benched with about 4 tanks of fuel thru it. It ran great with excellent transition and idle. I mounted it to the airplane and now I see thru inconsistant operation the I may have a bad pump. I noted that there are air bubbles coming from the output side of the pump. The weep hole at the bottom of the pump shows no signs of leakage. My question, is there a DIRECT replacement available, or do I have one option to get an external pump. I like the compactness of this design and would probably be hard pressed to find room for an external pump.
-Tom
APIA

Postby MECOA » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:13 pm

I don't know of any direct replacement. Perry made the pump originally but stopped supplying parts 20 years ago.
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions