K&B .61 w/ Perry carb

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

K&B .61 w/ Perry carb

Postby Kurt B » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:09 pm

I bought an assembled (RTF) trainer plane with this engine in it about 20 years ago. I dont think it was new back then when I got it. I flew this plane/engine for a year. My last flight (also 20 yrs ago!) with this engine ended in a really bad crash at high speed diving straight down into the dirt from an altitude of about 150 feet. :cry: The results to the engine was the carb broke off. :x Everything else about the engine seems okay. I have finally emotionally recovered from that crash and would like to get this thing in the air again. :D Can I get a replacement carb body and how much would it cost to get it to Springfield, IL 62704? The carb body says "perry" in the front and the entire body of carb is black in color. Internals of carb seem to work/rotate fine. If not available, can a newer carb take its place?

By the way, you have a really impressive web site. Loaded with great tech info!! Thanks! Kurt
Kurt B

Postby MECOA » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:15 pm

Sorry but we don't have any perry bodies for that anymore. All I can suggest is a new carb which will run about 40.00 with a remote needle.

http://www.mecoa.com/kb/61/61-parts.htm
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions