WHICH K & B PART NO. SHOULD I BE GETTING?

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

WHICH K & B PART NO. SHOULD I BE GETTING?

Postby lonesky1 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:49 pm

I'm new to this Forum & I'm also new to nitro engines. My only RC interest at the moment is boats. I bought a K & B 7.5cc in-board nitro engine for a boat. A friend of mine who knows about such engines says it has got very little compression, and that the pistons & sleeves need to be replaced.

I went to the MECOA site to look for the re-building kit containing new pistons & sleeves for the 7.5cc, but there's so much parts there I don't even know which one is suitable for what I want to do (I certainly won't be doing it - my friend will be). The model no. designatuion for this engine appears to be 9181. So, CAN ANYONE HELP HERE? (I can see 'pistons & sleeves' for the outboard, but not the in-board). Is my kit available, & if so, what part no. would be?

I REALLY appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanxx, everybody! :( [/b]
lonesky1

Postby oldlugs » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:09 pm

Depending on the age of your engine, and if you're using a tuned pipe: 33-8701, 33-8702, or 33-8703. The 8702 appears to be the higher timed sleeve for pipe use. My guess is that the 8703 is the same sleeve in lower timing, for use without pipe (but not sure). 8701 is apparently for the early versions of the 7.5 (different sleeve O.D....?).
Is your engine a disc rotor or drum rotor version? If you list the serial #, I'm sure someone here can tell you if you need the early or later P/S.
oldlugs

HELP NEEDED TO IDENTIFY MY k & B ENGINE

Postby lonesky1 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:11 am

Hello "oldlugs", really appreciate your efforts here. I'm not even 100% sure it is a 7.5cc. The inscription on the engine block says "K & B" with a circle around the number 40. Yes, there appears to be a Serial no.: B0004802. As to whether it is a disc-rotor or drum rotor version, I have no idea, although I will try to find out (maybe you can tell from the serial no.) :(

Is anybody able to verify or identify the exact nature of this motor?

Thanxx again, oldlugs & anyone else who can help.

Warm Greetings from Australia!![/b]
lonesky1

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions