Old 3.5 Marine Inboard Parts

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

Old 3.5 Marine Inboard Parts

Postby freddyst » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Does MECOA make the 12 mm front housing for the older front induction engines? The part number is 31-8922. I see they sell the 13 mm 31-8921 on there site, but this won't work for the older engines.

Thanks,
Fred
:D
freddyst

Postby MECOA » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:39 pm

Yes we do have this part
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby freddyst » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:51 pm

I could not find this part on your on-line ordering list and would like to order 2 of them with some other parts. What is the best way to handle this?

Also, does the case for the new IB 3.5 units work for these older 12mm IB units? I need a new case for one of my late 70's vintage, 12mm, IB, 3.5 marine engines.

Fixing these moters means a lot as I am rebuilding my first ever model hydro and I want to use my original K&B engines (the pistons and sleaves are still in great shape).

Thanks,
Fred
freddyst

Exhaust throttle plates and tuned pipes

Postby david brooks » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:59 pm

I have an older style inboard also, with the 90 deg front intake, front exhaust. It has the venturi carb, not the barrel type and it uses the butterfly valve for governing speed.

My question is this: Is there a stock part that you can replace the butterfly valve with one that has a round adapter to use a tuned pipe with it? The stock one only allows the stock can type muffler to be mounted to it. I want to use the venturi carb, butterfly valve and tuned pipe, but I never seen a K/B exhaust adapter that can do that.

What are my options???
david brooks

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions