K&B Red carb O-ring ?

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

K&B Red carb O-ring ?

Postby mopartybob » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:14 am

On my 7.5 inboard,the O-ring that seals the carb to the engine throat leaks profusely,causing LEAN condition,upon further inspection I found that the O-ring sits OUTSIDE the assy. and just butts up against carb body, Is this the wrong O-ring?should'nt the O-ring sit INSIDE the engine throat? This engine(and boat)was purchased used and is my first,So I don't know what mods the previous owner may have done,this carb uses the carb barrel screw to adjust idle,but seems to be missing the throttle arm lock-down nut?when i tried to adjust idle mixture throttle arm fell loose....it seems there is No provision(threads)to add a locknut to allow the mixture screw to be adjustable....If need be,what P\N for a replacement carb with remote needle valve be? thank-you much
mopartybob

Re: K&B Red carb O-ring ?

Postby mopartybob » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:14 pm

mopartybob wrote:On my 7.5 inboard,the O-ring that seals the carb to the engine throat leaks profusely,causing LEAN condition,upon further inspection I found that the O-ring sits OUTSIDE the assy. and just butts up against carb body, Is this the wrong O-ring?should'nt the O-ring sit INSIDE the engine throat? This engine(and boat)was purchased used and is my first,So I don't know what mods the previous owner may have done,this carb uses the carb barrel screw to adjust idle,but seems to be missing the throttle arm lock-down nut?when i tried to adjust idle mixture throttle arm fell loose....it seems there is No provision(threads)to add a locknut to allow the mixture screw to be adjustable....If need be,what P\N for a replacement carb with remote needle valve be? thank-you much
Further insp.on this carb..O-ring is good,all is tight,so now i suspect fuel is dumping out of weep hole?what's this hole fer anywayz?
mopartybob

Postby MECOA » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:49 am

Look at these

http://www.mecoa.com/kb/carbs/carb4061.pdf

Is part 8742 tight?

As for fuel leaking and running rich read this

http://www.mecoa.com/faq/carb/kbsq/kbsq.htm

You may just be sphoning fuel from the tank.
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions