K&B Engine with a pump on the back

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

K&B Engine with a pump on the back

Postby egrave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:40 pm

I have a K&B 61 engine and it has a Perry Carb on it an a punp on the back end of it. Where can I fine some info on the engine.[/b]
egrave

Re: K&B Engine with a pump on the back

Postby astrahog45 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:44 am

egrave wrote:I have a K&B 61 engine and it has a Perry Carb on it an a punp on the back end of it. Where can I fine some info on the engine.[/b]

This may be KB61 SERIES 75 ( Short mfg window 1982)
Part 6535 . Mecoa do not have this old number around .
I too am awaiting response as I need to ascertain where i can get parts or what other "Family" Motor RJL have in KB range whose parts are interchangeable .
sr
astrahog45
astrahog45

k&b.61 with perry pump and carb

Postby roger » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:04 pm

i have been all over these forums looking for info on this engine also ,have seem questions asked but not answered i have flew k&b engines for a long time ,but i also have a k&b.61 with perry pump and carb and i have one without whats the differance in the specs. on these engines?does one have more hp. than the standard one? i also have .40 with the perry carb that i was told pulls more hp. just for info purpose's talked to perry pumps,they can rebuild pumps on backplate ,pull off whole plate assy. with pump and send it to them. if anyone knows specs. on .61 pumpers please post s :roll: :roll:
roger

Postby chiefss » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 pm

K%B produced 61's with the Perry pump and carb for quite awhile and Perry also made the pump and carb for the 61 after market as well as many other engines including the old OS 60FSR. Just bolt on replacements.

The K&B 40 came with the Perry Pump and carb too.
chiefss

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions