K&B 7.5 Pro tuning help

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

K&B 7.5 Pro tuning help

Postby Ryan Underthun » Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 am

I am having problems tuning my 7.5 pro. I have had 3.5s in the past and have not had any problems getting them set right, but this one is kicking our butts.

I have read, and printed off everything related that I could find off of this fourm as well as off of the mecoa website. I have set up everything as recommended for starters, and have not been able to get the boat to run wot. It will idle all day long and still run if you only give it slight throttle. The throttle response seems good, but when throttled up, it will die after about 10-20 feet wot. I am sure it is running lean wot. I have tried to turn out the remote needle, with out luck.

I think the carburator is the problem, it looks aftermarket, is silver, and has a K engraved inside a circle. I think the problem is with the location of the barrel valve.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Ryan
Ryan Underthun

Postby MECOA » Thu May 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Yes it sounds like a carb problem. Send me a pic of the carb or post it here.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby Ryan Underthun » Fri May 16, 2008 8:13 am

Here are a couple of pictures of the carburator. The iniside is too small to get a clean picture of. There is a "tube" that runs all the way across inside, this is part of the fuel inlet piece. The throttle lever side, is a smaller rod that fits inside of this tube. They both have metering slots for the fuel to come out, kinda like a fuel jet. You can move a screw + or - to help set idle, I think thats how it works. I think the problem may be with the angle of the opening for this outer tube. Right now it is aimed straight down into the throat of the carburator. Maybe it is supposed to be aimed up or down?

Thank you. Ryan

Ryan Underthun

Postby MECOA » Sat May 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Not anything we made. Does anyone know about this carb???
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions