7.5cc Piston and Sleeves

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

7.5cc Piston and Sleeves

Postby Rdsxray » Fri May 20, 2011 4:47 am

I have an older outboard with the 17mm crank, (thick front housing flange). I also have a 9000 7.5cc ducted fan engine. I know the front housings are different as the ducted fan engine has the older set screws for the carb, but is the piston and sleeve EXACTLY the same, timing, etc? Thanks for your help.

When will the new piston and sleeves for these engines be available?

Ron
Rdsxray

Model number correction

Postby Rdsxray » Fri May 20, 2011 5:00 am

Correction: the ducted fan engine is a 9100. Thanks.
Rdsxray

Postby MECOA » Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 am

The piston/cylinders will interchange, the timing for the ducted fan engine is probably timed for a tuned pipe as the outboard is probably timed for exhausting through the lower unit. And I say probably as there were several different porting configurations used on the outboard. The only difference would be in the exhaust port and the height of the transfer ports.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby Rdsxray » Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 am

Ok. I use an outboard pipe so your pipe timing piston/sleeve combo is what I need. I placed a substantial order last week but the 33-8702 pipe timing piston/sleeves for the 7.5cc were out of stock. When will you have these and the 13mm cranks for the 3.5cc OB available? Thanks.

Ron
Rdsxray

Postby emilysoft11 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 pm

The time arrangement of enthusiast being taken care of is probably an outside side is once ran out lower unit of in time, the engine is probably a tube time that adjusts Xie.And when the outside side up have some different transplantation structure be used, I probably say.The only dissimilarity will be in the exhaust port and height that moves port.
emilysoft11

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions