Parts for K & B CC 6.5 Rear Exhaust

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

Parts for K & B CC 6.5 Rear Exhaust

Postby JROMA » Sun May 27, 2012 8:57 am

Dear sirs manufacturers of B & B / MECOA, I live in Brazil and I have some motroes model K & B 6.5 cc Rear Exhaust.
I looked very carefully at your website and I found a section of parts for them.
I think not manufacture any more of this model am I right?
I would adquir sets piston sleeve and connecting rods and original or serving them.
These original pieces are still in stock? or there are parts of most modern engines sivam them?
If there could indicate their numbers to buy?
Thank you for your attention
Sorry for my bad English.
hugs
Jorge
JROMA

Postby MECOA » Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 pm

We will make the 6.5 after we move this year. We don't have the parts you need right now.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby JROMA » Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Great news, I'll be very happy to consdeguir spare parts I need to keep my mighty K & B 6.5 cc working.
I shall look forward to be a client of K & B.
I'm sure will be many fans of K & B, like me who will be happy to know that a successful project such as K & B 6.5 Rear Exhaust come back to life ..
Thank you for your attention Good luck in the reorganization plans of your company.
Hugs
Jorge
JROMA

Postby nitroboater » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Me to as i think they K&B manufacturers shoot them in the foot by taking so long to REPLY to mails and fall short on supplying spares and parts for the older motors and it is IMPOSSABLE to get spare parts frm them lets hope every thing will change for the better as i know of alot of people that went for other makes of moters
nitroboater

Postby ron bennett » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 am

One reason they just might be a little slow is that they are in the process of packing up and moving parts for all the engines they make and/or support, and all of their manufacturing machinery - a bit of a bit task. I'm sure that after the move and inventory is sorted, and the machinery is up and running, we will get the usual detailed and timely responses to our emails.
Ron Bennett
ron bennett

Postby nitroboater » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:45 am

WHEN? iM TALKING ABOUT AT LEAST 4 YEARS WE IN SOUTH AFRICA BATLE TO GET SPARES
nitroboater

Postby SteveM » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:50 am

The market for marine nitro motors is very tiny when compared to aircraft or even more recently the cars and buggies. When K&B (the company) was still with us they made motors in batches to suit seasonal demand. The 6.5cc motors were eventually replaced by the 7.5cc version and there was little value in continuing to produce the 6.5 motors or parts.

When K&B went under, MECOA stepped up to buy the rights to keep this brand alive. Years later, the marine engine market is still miniscule and there just isn't enough demand to continually produce product. The 6.5cc inboard marine was obsolete decades ago and it's just not feasible for MECOA to make a part here or there as the cost would be much too high.

nitroboater - you should retire your K&B 6.5cc motor and replace it with something newer. Whining that parts are no longer available isn't going to solve anything. :roll:
SteveM

Postby nitroboater » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 am

WELL thats exacly what we are after 7.5 OUTBOARD spares and parts
nitroboater

Postby JROMA » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Well folks, do not know if I was wrong to speak of my engines, but are 6.5cc els of aircraft, not boats.
Yes they are old, but I like them ....
I hope that K & B mecoa overcome their problems and re-manufacture them
Hugs to all
Jorge
JROMA

6.5cc F.I.R.E

Postby davemilw07 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:53 pm

I also have a couple of 6.5 FIRE aero engines, but no documentation of any sort. Does ANYONE have Part Lists or Owner's Manuals for this engine???

I'll be looking forward to MECOA making parts for these engines again..... :)
davemilw07

Postby JROMA » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello Dave try to get the information about the K & B 6.5 cc you need on the RC Groups site, seems they know about all the issues there and strive to help.
Hugs
Jorge
JROMA

Postby davemilw07 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey, Jorge

Thanks for the info!!!!

I'm completely on your side, as I know EXACTLY what this engine is capable of. I have an original, in-the-box PICCA Duelist 2/40, and I want to have 2 of these babies to power it with (complete with tuned pipes).

I hope that MECOA is monitoring our conversation, and will provide us with the parts that we need............

Regards,
Dave :D
davemilw07

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions