Compagnucci/MAC engine baseline carb settings

Ask your tech questions about MECOA engines here

Moderator: SteveM

Compagnucci/MAC engine baseline carb settings

Postby Robster » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:52 am

Hello,

I am trying to start my Compagnucci car, but am not having any luck. I would like to know how many turns I should set the high and low speed needles at as a starting point. Right now I can't get it to run at all. There is a spark coming off the plug, so that seems alright.

The manual says it is possible to start the car buy turning the rear wheels by hand, and this is what I'm trying as I don't have a drill to use the starter key with. Could this be part of the problem? How hard is it to start the car this way?

Thank You,
Rob
Robster

Postby MECOA » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:44 pm

You really need to start it with the drill at first. Unless the engine is set properly it is very difficult to bump start it.
MECOA
Site Admin

starting point for high and low speed needles

Postby Robster » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 pm

Hi,

I got the drill, and it starts fine.

I'm just wondering how many turns out I should set the high and low speed needles as a good starting point for tuning.

I was also wondering what a safe operating temp range would be for these engines and where on the engine I should measure it with my temp gun.

Thanks,
Robert
Robster

Postby MECOA » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:39 pm

3-4 turns out as a starting point on the main needle and engine temp around 210-220
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby MECOA » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:07 am

I think you need to check the pick up line inside the fuel tank as it may have come off.
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to MECOA engines Tech Questions