HP VT .49 exploded view and disassembly instructions

HP engines (Hirtenberger, AG Austria) tech support. Owned by RJL Industries since 1990

Moderator: SteveM

HP VT .49 exploded view and disassembly instructions

Postby c1802362 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:06 pm

I have pulled apart my HP 49 that has been sitting idle for well over 15 years. I've been reading back posts to this forum and realize there have been different iterations of the engine with regard to shims and washers being either included or not.

Right now, I have a small issue as to the correct way to pull the two main ball bearings off the crankshaft. It appears the spinner backing drive collar needs to be pressed off after which the bearings can be pressed off. Any one have disassembly instructions and also an exploded parts list so that I can order the correct replacement parts?

Art
c1802362

Postby Dad_Roman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:08 am

There is no exploded view...so pay attention :wink: However, there are very few parts also so its usually not a problem.

The prop driver can be pulled off with a small gear puller. My bearings fell of once I got the crank out. If your "press fit" is tight then you can use heat (small torch) and cold (mamas freezer...use a ziplock :wink: ) to ease them off
Dad_Roman

taking the engine apart

Postby c1802362 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Yup - I figured that out a few weeks ago - I was surprised my auto gear puller fit. The entire system came apart without any issues.

Now the big question is whether it makes sense to rebuild the engine or buy a new one of comparable size and power....
c1802362

Postby Dad_Roman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Glad you got it figured out!

Well...rebuilding....thats obviously a call only you can make. If you dont want to mess with yours please let me know, I could use it. Mine chucked a timing gear off the tower shaft :shock: and now my 4* is sad and unhappy :wink: I have plenty of options for trading also if your looking for another motor.

Regards
Shane
Dad_Roman

Return to HP (Austrian) engines Tech Questions