HB 61 Carb

HB , Helmet Burnhard, engines, Made in Germany. Owned by RJL Industries since 1989.

Moderator: SteveM

HB 61 Carb

Postby Jim Johnson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Steve... I have a HB Carb ... logo on the front... the fuel inlet points to the prop instead of the rear ... it seems this brass part is press fit ... also the spray bar inside the carb appears to be upside down... how did this get this way... I have tightened the brass nut on the spray bar to see if it will turn... nothing... I used a little heat.. nothing ... can I get this part out and rotate it back to the way it should be or is it permanent . This engine cleaned up nicely and has excellent compression .. here is a pic of the way the inlet looks now. Thanks Jim

Jim Johnson

Re: HB 61 Carb

Postby MECOA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 pm

The cone shaped brass piece with the nipple is pressed into the body. You can push it out by taking the barrel out and using a tube, probably 3/8" diameter to push it from the barrel side. Don't push on the spray bar.
MECOA
Site Admin

Re: HB 61 Carb

Postby Jim Johnson » Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 am

Thank you so much.. will post progress. I will use a deep 1/4" drive socket as not to damage the spray bar. This part is really tight. I may have to make a wooden mount to hold the cab body while "tapping" this part out.

Jim
Jim Johnson

Return to HB (German) engines Tech Questions