McCoy 35 Crankcase

Questions about: Anderson Spitfire, Edco Sky Devil, Hassad Blue Streak, Cunningham .647, Holland Hornet .049, Atwood .049, Forster, DEW/Kustom, and Remco only. These brands are owned by RJL Industries. Post Questions for other brands in Engine Talk above.

Moderator: SteveM

McCoy 35 Crankcase

Postby RC Air57 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:56 pm

I bought a "grab box" at an RC club auction that included a 2100 series McCoy 35 disassembled. I put it together today but being unfamillar with that engine I could not determine if it is U/C or R/C. A pair of carburators and complete needle valve assembly were in the box. The crankcase appears to be an R/C version but I don't know for sure. Is there an easy way to tell?
RC Air57

Postby MECOA » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Series 21 has a black head and finned case. If this is yours the UC version has a cast on venturi and the RC version has 2 set screws that hold the carb on in the area where the venturi was machined away.
MECOA
Site Admin

McCoy 35 Crankcase

Postby RC Air57 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks, for the reply.
I thought that would be the anwser. I think that it was originally a U/C version and someone machine off the venturi because there is not a tapped hole for the exhaust baffle unless a strap-on muffler was available.
RC Air57

Return to RJL Vintage Engines Tech Questions