HB61 Stamo used in Graupner Bell Helicopter

HB , Helmet Burnhard, engines, Made in Germany. Owned by RJL Industries since 1989.

Moderator: SteveM

HB61 Stamo used in Graupner Bell Helicopter

Postby Irish Steve » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Folks,

Working with a friend on restoring an old (70's) Graupner Bell 212 helicopter, which was fitted with an HB 61 Stamo, as far as I know, the main differences were they had a different head, for better cooling, and were fitted with a cooling fan on the rear crankcase housing that was driven from the crankshaft piston pin.

I've had a close look at the parts catalogs and the like here, and there's no specific parts related to that version, and it could well be that we don't need any specific parts for that version, the main thing I'm looking at right now is that the crank piston drive pin was loosened by an accident, and the owner is not too confident that it won't be thrown as a result.

He looked at the site here a while back, and at that time, there were no crankshafts offered, but they appear to be there now, but what I'm trying to check out is if the part that's shown would be the correct one for the Stamo version?

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Thanks

Steve Garry
Irish Steve

Postby MECOA » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am

Sorry we do not have the Stamo crankshaft. The crankshaft listed is for the standard .61
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby Badgerfarm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 am

The Stamo crankshaft piston pin is drilled and tapped for a drive screw to turn the rear shaft for the fan. New rear shafts are available at Helioldie.de and there are 2 different styles available. I might have a spare Stamo crankshaft if I can't locate the parts that I need to rebuild one on my engines. let me know if you might be interested.
Badgerfarm

Postby Fabricater » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 am

Hi, I have the complete engine, from front nut with bearing in it, muffler and all. Though it does have the rear shaft, I do not have the fan. Engine has very low time, absolutely No burnt fuel residue on piston and ring is still black and not seated. I've had it in a box since the early eighties. I had planned on using it for a Cessna Skymaster 337 project that I never got around to.
It is for sale. Pictures if you like.
Fabricater
Fabricater

Postby Badgerfarm » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:20 am

I sent you a pm
Badgerfarm

Re: HB61 Stamo used in Graupner Bell Helicopter

Postby Aquaman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:15 pm

I just listed one of these STAMOS engines in the for sale section.
Aquaman

Return to HB (German) engines Tech Questions